Flooring Job Opportunities – Edmonton and Calgary
Join a Winning Team, with a Solid Reputation!
A career is about choice. So why choose Alberta Hardwood Flooring as your employer? Our answer is simple: We offer great people working on great projects. Expand your skills, learn from luminaries, and join an Alberta flooring leader. We invite you to explore our job opportunities.
Warehouse Manager – Edmonton
Posting Date: 10-31-2016
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Manager at our Edmonton location. The right candidate must have knowledge and experience in the floor covering industry or knowledge of and experience in the basic operations of warehouse receiving in a fast-paced warehouse facility. If you can communicate effectively and have a high degree of organization in relation to time, materials and work load — we’d love to meet you.
Candidates must also possess the ability to understand and resolve general math functions and be computer literate with knowledge of and experience in, spreadsheet information applications. Operation of a fork-lift and/or other material handling tools is also a requirement. Warehouse duties include unloading, receiving, documenting and storing material for use. Responsible for accurate and timely inventory counts and records.
Plenty of future growth available for the individual who is willing to prove themselves.
To apply, please email us a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Or drop one off at our show room on Edmonton’s south side.
Flooring Sales Associate – Edmonton
As a Flooring Sales Associate you are the most critical link in ensuring that our customers have a rewarding experience that will keep them coming back to Alberta Hardwood again and again. We are a leading supplier of flooring for residential and commercial applications. We offer a wide selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, and other home products. You will become a part of a dynamic selling environment where your sense of people and your selling strength make you an important part of our team. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to demonstrating OUTSTANDING customer service skills, meeting sales standards, estimating, providing product knowledge to customers and working as part of a team to meet our store objectives. Previous experience in residential flooring sales or home construction would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of residential flooring including hardwood, carpet and tile;
- Customer service priority and selling priority;
- Teamwork oriented with the ability to work in a learning environment;
- Drive to meet and exceed performance expectations;
- Strong sense of pride and responsibility for the maintenance of department areas.
- Enjoy connecting with customers and demonstrating an enthusiastic and positive attitude;
- Open to working in various departments throughout the store, and engaging with different associates, customers, and managers;
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures;
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services, and use this knowledge to inspire customers to make purchases;
- Ability to meet or exceed sales, customer service standards;
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management;
- Ability to handle physical requirements to accomplish daily responsibilities;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including morning, evening and weekend availability;
- Ability to do estimating and troubleshoot.
We provide a highly competitive compensation package including a training salary. To submit an application, please email us a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Quality Assurance Manager – Edmonton
Looking for a detail-minded team player with a reliable work ethic to do inspections on carpet, tile, and wood flooring installations in new construction & renovation flooring projects in the Edmonton area.
Partial List of Responsibilities:
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications;
- Inspect, test, and measure materials in process;
- Perform first piece, in-process, and final inspections;
- Monitor operations to ensure production standards are met;
- Recommend adjustments to the process or installations;
- Work with closely with safety coordinator & insure safety program is being implemented on site.
- Familiarity with quality control standards
- Ability to use various types of inspection equipment.
- Computer literacy
- A SHARP EYE FOR DETAIL
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Supervisory role in the construction or flooring industry.
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required language: Proficiency in English: speaking, reading, writing
We provide a highly competitive compensation package. To submit an application, please email us a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.