Flooring Job Opportunities – Edmonton and Calgary
Join a Winning Team, with a Solid Reputation!
A career is about choice. So why choose Alberta Hardwood Flooring as your employer? Our answer is simple: We offer great people working on great projects. Expand your skills, learn from luminaries, and join an Alberta flooring leader. We invite you to explore our job opportunities.
Social Media Content Creator/Blogger – Calgary
Posting Date: 04-11-2018
Alberta Hardwood Flooring, one of Calgary’s leading flooring companies, is looking for a Calgary blogger and/or content creator to generate stories around our products and services.
In this part-time role you will liaise with Calgary management and sales team to identify and generate story ideas, then create them, and then submit your content for distribution in our various social media and web properties. We’re looking for someone who can define a story and see it through to completion, again and again. In this role you will interview customers, suppliers and other partners and develop engaging writing, images and video content.
- Ability to take still and video captures with your own DSLR camera
- Excellent public relations writing skills
- Social media savvy
- Keen interpersonal skills
- Stellar research capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Mastery of the interwebs (you can surf, text and transfer files while booking an appointment on another phone)
- Creative and enthusiastic
- Can balance multiple stories at once
- Desire to go the “extra mile”
- Driver’s license (you will need to visit sites and interview)
- Previous experience in design/construction industries
- Prior experience in public relations, communications and/or media relations
The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Generating brief stories for blog posts and social media around customers and products
- Conducting research for various client projects
- Work with internal and external teams and clients to generate posts
- Media scanning for issues, trends and opportunities related to construction/renovations/design in an around Calgary
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Calgary, AB
While there will be some time required in office (at least to start), this is a position that could be done from your home office.
To be considered, please submit your resume, cover letter and a link to a short 30-second video message or creative presentation that sells us on your abilities. Email to email@example.com.